A WALK
Where are you?? This was the fifth call from mom… I had been at a friends place and was walking back home as all the autowallahs refused… as usual! It was past 8 and dark with no street lights, anyway why will the government bother about some street in some corner… as usual! Clip clop my heels hit the road killing god knows how many organisms and microorganisms… but why would I or for that matter anyone care… again as usual! Garbage on one side and beautiful houses lined on the other. Millions of insects, flies breeding on one side and people dining peacefully in their spic and span homes… as usual! I walked on distracting my mind as none of my friends replied to my messaged not as usual! The road looked long… suddenly I looked up and saw the beautiful stars adorning the sky. The big trees stretched their branches… through the wide gaps I saw the Orion shining brightly. Small bunches of pretty champa flowers glowed softly in the darkness, generously sharing their scent. The moon, a half crescent glowed as if showing me the path. I was in a state of trance. There is so much light in darkness.. Just like positive energy in a negative situation. The silence sounded harmony.. Instead of observing the daily troubles of life( which I did ‘as usual’..!!) we should take the time out of our busy schedules to notice the joy in little things in life. The sun issues its warmth everyday... The bird chirp.. The flowers bloom.. The sky changes hues all the time so that we may fall in love with its colors... It is time for us to notice the optimism around us… to smile at the unlimited happiness around us…to take a break and look around us… look into ourselves…
Tring tring!! rang my phone and I jumped as I caught a cat’s green eye looking at me. I spoke to my mom and realized I had terribly slowed down and almost stopped walking! Still lost… I ran home…
1 comment:
gr8 work sez... i liked how u shoed tat e1 if we wanna tak some time out of our life (read race) to be with ourselves and our peace, everything is running so fast tat something or the oder .. it can be a phonecall forces u to jump back into the race...
Post a Comment